Productivity and uptime are crucial drivers in the industrial equipment industry, where machine downtime can cost more than $1 million per day. With newer intelligent features and increased sophistication, the equipment has become more costly to service and repair. Manufacturers, and the equipment suppliers that support them, need to connect to a wide range of information sources—from discrete machines to process controls.
With Axeda, Automated Packaging Systems, Gerber Technology, Orbotech, Sealed Air, and other manufacturers are providing high-value remote service to their customers. A full set of rich Internet applications for proactively and remotely identifying, diagnosing, and repairing issues, Axeda Connected Product Management Applications enable you to maximize the value of your equipment through services that increase uptime, streamline operation, and reduce cost of ownership.
To learn more visit the Remote Service for Machine Manufacturers Resource Center:
- An aging field service workforce is taking critical product knowledge with them as they retire
- End-user IT locations are reluctant to accept VPN-based or homegrown remote connectivity solutions
- Skyrocketing travel costs are cutting into the bottom line and forcing manufacturers to handle more support cases with often fewer resources
- Customers want equipment installed, configured, and operational on the initial service visit
- Competitors are differentiating offerings based on improved service
- Increase your product knowledgebase within service and support by accessing and capturing real-time and historical machine information
- Ensure widespread end-user adoption of your solution with policy management and auditing, secure Firewall-Friendly connectivity, and a reliable on-demand delivery via our data centers in Germany and the U.S.
- Cut travel costs with proactive remote service that helps your team address issues remotely before they cause downtime
- Avoid return trips after initial installation with remote service applications that help you monitor key operational parameters and enable you to address tasks, such as remotely re-programming PLCs
- Improve customer satisfaction with value-added remote services that improve product uptime and reduce overall incidents