Axeda Adaptive Machine Messaging Protocol
The Adaptive Machine Messaging Protocol (AMMP) is a simple, byte-efficient, lightweight messaging protocol used to facilitate Internet of Things (IoT) communications and to build IoT connectivity into your product.
Using a RESTful API, AMMP provides a semantic structure for IoT information exchange and leverages HTTPS as the means for sending and receiving messages between an edge device and the Axeda® Machine Cloud®.
Axeda Protocols and Toolkits Key Features:
- Bidirectional data transfer, sending data to the Axeda Platform and information and files to an asset
- Well-documented technical references and toolkits
- Efficient design for optimized communication with use of bytes-over-the-wire
- Support for threshold rules programmed from the Axeda Platform and pushed down to assets
Axeda Protocols and Toolkits Key Benefits:
- Address wireless communication bandwidth constraints and reduce communication costs
- Remain open without relying on specific operating systems, programming languages, or communication transports
- Reduce processing and memory overhead with non-complex algorithms