The Axeda AnyDevice Service bridges the gap between customer devices in the field and the Axeda Platform. The Axeda AnyDevice Service is a simple translator that translates a protocol running on a device to a protocol that the Axeda Platform can understand and interpret. It enables customers, partners, and system integrators to easily and readily use M2M devices that communicate with a proprietary protocol and/or do not have the ability to add an Axeda Agent or Axeda Wireless Protocol (AWP).
By offloading device message encoding and decoding to and from the Axeda Platform, the Axeda AnyDevice Service is especially suitable when you need to connect to deployed devices not running an Axeda Agent. This option also gives you a wider selection of devices to choose from since you can use M2M devices incapable of running an Axeda Agent or the AWP. For example, the Axeda AnyDevice Service can process messages sent by an existing device by means of a Codec implemented specifically for the protocol used by that device.
- Connect to virtually any M2M device with a messaging protocol
- Manage simple to highly complex protocols
- Hosted in the Axeda Cloud
- Scale as your deployments grow
- Reduce time-to-market for compatible devices
- Quickly and easily support M2M devices already deployed in the field
- Future-proof your M2M solution without swapping out hardware as requirements change
- Connect to the Axeda Platform with devices that have proprietary protocols or non-programmable devices
- Reduce opportunity cost by cataloging existing proven device and/or connectivity solutions