Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (formerly Bayer HealthCare Diagnostics) is a $2.1 billion world leader in laboratory, self-testing, molecular testing, critical care and point-of-care diagnostics systems and services. The company supports customers in more than 100 countries.
Siemens is using Axeda software to enable proactive, remote service of its ADVIA Centaur® Immunoassay System and other laboratory instruments. The ADVIA Centaur system provides testing for a broad range of conditions, including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, fertility, anemia, thyroid diseases, allergy, metabolic diseases, therapeutic drug monitoring, and congenital and infectious diseases.
- Lower downtime by proactively monitoring instrument performance
- Fewer field service visits with remote log-file analysis
- Accurate, timely tracking of instrument and consumable usage
- Improved QC analysis, configuration management, and regulatory compliance
- Bayer Diagnostics Licenses Axeda DRM Software for Proactive Remote Service of Clinical Laboratory Instruments
"By being able to offer customers proactive, remote service, we strive to reduce unnecessary time spent by the lab technician troubleshooting products. With the addition of the Axeda solution, the ADVIA Centaur System will provide proactive customer service and remote support capabilities, helping to extend its lead as one of the most productive and efficient immunochemistry platforms in the marketplace today."
- Thomas Warekois, Vice President Marketing, Laboratory Testing Segment of Bayer Diagnostics