Orbotech is principally engaged in the design, development, manufacture, marketing, and service of yield-enhancing and production solutions for specialized applications in the supply chain of the electronics industry. Orbotech’s products include automated optical inspection (AOI), production and process control systems for printed circuit boards (PCBs) and AOI test and repair systems for flat panel displays (FPDs). The Company also markets computer-aided manufacturing and engineering (CAM) solutions for PCB production.
Orbotech uses Axeda ServiceLink applications—marketed as Secora—to remotely service and support their automated optical inspection machines in ensuring high availability and preserving security and operator safety. An added benefit of the Secora initiative is remote collaboration. As with their customers, Orbotech has domain experts located in various parts of the world. With Secora, an Orbotech engineer in China can collaborate with R&D in Israel to work together in resolving issues. This connection also increases knowledge sharing externally with customers, by taking control of the machine and providing over-the-shoulder training.
- Improved response time
- Resolve complex issues faster by connecting technical experts from various parts of the world to collaborate
- Reduced travel events
- Improved pre-dispatch diagnostics, reducing false parts demand
- Improved customer visibility
- Orbotech Case Study: Orbotech Improves Uptime of PCB Testing Equipment, while Preserving Security and Operator Safety
“Our primary objective is to provide better service to our customers. With Secora, we can centralize our experts and have them provide service in a much faster way than we could have done in the past.”
- Yacov Bar-Haim, Corporate IT Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Orbotech