Gerber Scientific Inc. and Leica Microsystems also recognized for on-demand innovation
Foxboro, MA - (April 29, 2010) — Axeda Corporation honored the 2010 Smart Services Leadership and On-Demand Innovation Award winners at its fifth Axeda Connexion conference in Miami. The annual gathering brings together the leading minds and innovators in the smart services/connected products industry. Axeda is the leading Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) company for connected products.
Axeda Smart Services Leadership Award Winner: CareFusion
The Axeda Smart Services Leadership Award recognizes one organization annually that has achieved maximum success through the effective deployment of Axeda technology. CareFusion was selected by the Aberdeen Group, the leading industry analyst covering the M2M/Smart Services market, for its Axeda-enabled Remote Support Services (RSS) program.
CareFusion is a leading global medical device company serving the health care industry with products and services that help hospitals measurably improve the safety and quality of care. Since migrating from Axeda’s on-premise to on-demand solution, the company has seen its RSS deployments increase by 1,600 devices monthly to more than 60,000 clinical and medical products at more than 4,000 hospitals worldwide. Other results include:
- 18-months of 100% system uptime
- Almost 70% reduction in issue resolution time
- Over 12,000 cases/mth resolved remotely eliminating the need for truck rolls
- Top customer satisfaction ratings for four consecutive quarters by MD Buyline for Pyxis® dispensing technologies
“CareFusion has achieved outstanding results from its Remote Support Services program, said Sumair Dutta, research analyst, Aberdeen Group. “An early adopter of smart services technology, the CareFusion team made important strategic decisions, such as moving to a hosted solution, that has made them a clear leader in the market.”
Axeda On-Demand Innovation Award Winners: Gerber Scientific Inc. and Leica Microsystems
To recognize fast time-to-market and immediate benefits realized from smart services initiatives, Axeda created the Axeda On-Demand Innovation Award. Gerber Scientific Inc. and Leica Microsystems each received this inaugural award for rapid deployment success within the first year of their programs.
- Gerber Scientific Inc. is the leader in providing innovative, end-to-end customer solutions to the world's sign making and specialty graphics, apparel and flexible materials, ophthalmic lens processing, and print and packaging industries. Using Axeda’s on-demand platform and applications, Gerber developed and deployed GERBERconnect™, a proactive monitoring and remote service program that dramatically shortened response time for customer issues. Within 6 months of rolling out GERBERconnect, the company reduced field service visits, improved first-time fax rate by 5%, and resolved issues to avoid downtime.
- Leica Microsystems is a global leader in the development and manufacture of microscopes and other medical devices, serving laboratory and biotech customers worldwide. In 2009, the Leica team tripled the number of smart service enabled devices in the field, avoiding 421 on-site visits and saving more than $500,000 in operating expenses. Marketed as RemoteCare, the smart service solution provides technical staff with automated alerts when cleaning sequences are missed or a temperature is out of range – avoiding specimen loss or interruption of long-term experiments.
“Each of these companies has leveraged Axeda® On-Demand to create game-changing competitive differentiators in their respective markets,” said Dale Calder, president and CEO, Axeda.
“We look forward to their future achievements and are honored to recognize them for their success.”