The Premier M2M Event Dedicated to the Exchange of Information through Unique Exposure to Customers, Partners and Analysts
Boston, MA – May 7, 2013 – The eighth annual Connexion conference kicked off in Boston today with its best attendance ever, as more than 500 M2M pioneers , customers, analysts and partners gathered for one of the most anticipated conferences of the year. Those who couldn't make it to Boston’s seaport district are following a fast-moving stream of tweets using the Twitter hash tag #cx13.
Axeda Connexion is the premier event for thought leaders in the Machine-to-Machine conversation. In keeping with this year’s theme “Welcome to the Machine Cloud”, the event has attracted the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about M2M’s most important issues.
Todd DeSisto, Axeda’s President, opened with an inspiring introduction and description of the conference agenda. He announced a contribution to One Fund Boston, to which 10% of all conference proceeds will be donated on behalf of Connexion 2013 participants.
The following keynotes are set to present after Mr. DeSisto’s introduction, including:
- Andrew McAfee, principal research scientist at the Center for Digital Business, MIT will present “Race Against the Machine”.
- Michael Troiano, vice president, advanced mobility solutions will present “The New World of Hybridization: M2M Wireless Transforming Businesses”.
- Michele Pelino, principal analyst, Forrester Research; Ayan Mukerji, SVP and global head of media and telecoms, Wipro; NS Bala, SVP and global head of manufacturing and technology, Wipro; and David Stevenson, customer experience solutions, Alcatel-Lucent will present “Accelerating Value from M2M – The Path to Connected Solutions”.
- Peter Coffee, vice president and head of platform research, Salesforce.com will present “Above the Cloud: Scalable Social Models in a Sensor-Rich, Fully Connected World”.
- Bill Zujewski, CMO and executive vice present of product strategy, Axeda, will present “The Machine of the Future”.
- Andrzej Ochocki, head of marketing and proposition, Deutsche Telekom, will present “Machine-to-Machine – The Internet of Things. New Business Opportunities through Innovation and Partnerships”.
- Tom Sears, technical vice president, service lifecycle management, PTC, will present “Smarter Products and Service”.
- Chris Rezendes, president of INEX Advisors will moderate an industry panel on “Implications of the Machine Cloud”. Axeda M2Mē™ Awards.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn from some of the most successful M2M implementations on the market today. The business track is kicked off by a customer panel on “The Connected Product Journey” featuring Mettler Toledo, Varian and Sealed Air; followed by in-depth customer case studies by M2M visionaries from GE Power and Water, ACUO Technologies, Getinge, Diebold and Abbott Laboratories.
Also at Connexion 2013, Axeda will again honor the industry’s top M2M solutions at the M2Mē Awards. Winners will be announced following the annual conference awards dinner on Tuesday evening, May 7, 2013.
About Axeda Connexion
Connected product professionals who work to stay abreast and look ahead to the ever-changing opportunities in M2M turn to Axeda Connection for provocative keynotes, face-to-face time with peers, luminaries, industry analysts and established companies for a complete view of the industry. Axeda Connexion 2013 takes place May 5-9 at the Renaissance Waterfront Hotel in Boston, MA. Visit http://connexion.axeda.com to register. Follow #cx13 on Twitter for real-time event updates.
Axeda provides the leading cloud-based service and software for managing connected products and implementing innovative M2M applications — significantly reducing the cost and complexity of connecting and remotely servicing the products of the world’s leading companies. Axeda customers use its M2M application enablement platform to deliver innovative M2M solutions and optimize their business processes with data from their connected products.
By relying on the Axeda® Platform to power their connected products, companies are transforming their business by improving customer satisfaction, reducing costs, and generating new sources of revenue. The M2M solutions behind these connected products range from remote service, fleet management, usage-based insurance, asset tracking, mHealth, and more. Join our developer community at:
http://developer.axeda.com and learn more at www.axeda.com.